Dedicated Fleet Coordinator - Part time
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is to assure continued management, communication, and coordination of truck fleet using satellite and telephone networks during the off-hours.
- Answer and process messages from drivers through the Qualcomm satellite communication system. Monitor Assigned, Pre-Assigned, Committed, and Late load status. Authorize Lumper pay, emergency home time, route drivers to terminals for safety issues, plan swaps & splits as needed.
- Answer telephone calls from drivers regarding hometime, swap/splits, routing issues. Answer telephone calls from customers.
- Administer the assigning of trucks to loads in the dedicated planning grids.
- Troubleshoot problems that drivers have such as: late loads, load assignment, routing, permits, lumpers, advances, finding empty trailers and overweight problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration with an emphasis in Transportation/Logistics, Management, Marketing or equivalent experience preferred.
- Six months to one year previous dispatch experience preferred.
- Mid-range AS400 and P.C. computer experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law.We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.