Work Comp Claims Coordinator
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Our WC Claims Coordinator handles all calls on new incoming work comp claims and also completes the triage to ensure the drivers have received initial medical treatment and facilitate the driver to either a terminal for transitional duty/ongoing treatment, or home for ongoing treatment/benefits. The coordinator also assists the WC adjusters with various tasks to provide them assistance to effectively manage the WC claims, which ultimately provides a better medical outcome and costs savings for the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
- Intake of all new incoming work comp claims for the company along with the triage of all workers compensation claims prior to being assigned to adjuster.
- Prepare and set-up claim file before adjuster assignment.
- Report and document out of state claims.
- Assist adjusters in documenting files, preparing files for litigation, closing files and various other assigned tasks.
- Assist Work Comp Supervisor with special projects and other duties.
- Various other duties as requested.
- Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers, drivers and co-workers in a courteous, sensitive, and professional manner.
- Knowledge in operating a personal computer
- Good organizational skills, including time management and the ability to multitask on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- One to two years typing experience.
- Six months to one year PC experience preferred, including Windows, MS Word and Excel.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.