Technical Intern Mobile & Driver Systems
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services.
The IT Internship provides support across all software applications. This is a part-time position for an individual with the desire to learn and apply application development techniques to real life issues. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of application development and methodologies to develop applications. Work will be focused on supporting IT initiatives.
- Work with experienced developers to understand changes being made, test process changes
- Work in an agile environment as a member of a Scrum or Kanban team alongside other developers
- Learn common programming practices along with Werner development standards
- Ability to communicate results in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations
- Must be a current student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or related field
- Experience with some level of computer programming is highly desirable
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.