- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner's Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Safety Specialists conduct all safety related functions in compliance with Company, Federal and State Regulations. They are responsible for ensuring that all driver needs are being professionally and efficiently addressed.
- Conduct all training courses offered by the Safety Department, including simulator training.
- Perform all safety related functions including, but not limited to, accident reviews, annual reviews, and remedial log training and simulator training.
- Perform drug and Breath Alcohol Tests (BAT).
- Provide 24 hr on call support to the Safety Department as determined by the Safety Manager or Terminal Manager.
- Counsel drivers for DOT violations and violations of company policy.
- Conduct road tests and evaluations with drivers to determine driver safety and compliance to Company Policies and Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Skill in operating a semi-truck and trailer.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Presentation and classroom instruction experience is preferred.
- Skill in operating a PC and other office equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- High School Education or Equivalent Experience.
- CDL Class A License preferred.
- High level of proficiency in procedures, policies, methodology, and instruction of new driver orientation class.
- Knowledge of federal regulations and traffic laws.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.