Dedicated Traveling Safety Representative
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is conducting all safety related functions in compliance with Company, Federal and State Regulations. Responsible for ensuring that all driver needs are being professionally and efficiently addressed. This is a traveling position – individual will travel up to 90% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Conduct all training courses offered by the Safety Department.
• Perform all Safety related functions including, but not limited to, accident reviews, annual reviews, and remedial log training and simulator training.
• Perform Drug and Breath Alcohol Tests (BAT).
• Knowledgeable in the use of AS-400, Microsoft Office, CBT (Computer Based Training) system, L3 simulators and other office database systems.
• Counsel drivers for DOT violations and violations of company policy.
• Conduct road tests and evaluations with drivers to determine driver safety and compliance to Company Policies and Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
• Knowledge and ability to perform a pre-trip inspection.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate or equivalent experience - College Preferred
• Public speaking and/or adult education experience.
• Transportation Safety experience preferred.
• One to Two years’ experience in a Safety Specialist position preferred
• Possess and maintain, or the ability to acquire and maintain, a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License (C.D.L) with required endorsements. At the time of hire or promotion, if the individual does not possess a current CDL, one must be obtained within 120 days.
• Classroom instruction experience preferred.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.