- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
This position assists drivers, in-person or over the telephone, by issuing permits and registrations in order for all trucks to operate legally in the 48 states and provinces of Canada.
- Assist drivers in person or over the phone by ordering permits and answering questions regarding permit requirements.
- Create and/or update driver permit books with current information and toll cards.
- Update state records for various states on a weekly basis regarding issuing new units and deleting old units.
- Break down sold or cancelled permit books and recycle the permits and toll cards within.
- Input various information into the AS400 computer system such as tractor and trailer identification numbers, decal and permit numbers, year, make, VIN, plate and supplement permit orders for various states and provinces.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- One to two years of general clerical experience preferred
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.