Rate Publication Specialist
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The purpose of this position will be responsible for all rate related issues in their assigned region (one of the five geographic regions that marketing has assigned).
- The Rate Specialist will be responsible for rating all lanes originating from their assigned region.Bids with loads originating from the Rate Specialist’s region will be assigned to the Rate Specialist after a Rate Analyst assembles the bid for processing. The lanes will be rated using the following tools: pricing model, load count database and the quartile database. Origin ranks will be initially assigned by the Rate Specialist and subsequently reviewed with the region’s director.Along with the rate department, the Rate Specialist will work with the Regional Director and Region Manager to determine lane commitments, origin capacity and regional pricing. The Rate Department is ultimately responsible for pricing.
- Assist the Regional Director and Regional Manager with pricing issues. Examples of these duties may include discussions with Account Executives regarding pricing matters, analysis of customer rates, assistance in analyzing customer rate increases, analysis of commitment levels by customer or origin, etc. The Rate Specialist will also be responsible for educating Load Planners, Customer Service Managers, Customer Service Representatives and others of pricing concepts.
- Investigate trips moving with no rate - Each morning a file containing trips moving without a rate is downloaded from the AS400. It will be the responsibility of the rate specialist to investigate the trips originating from their assigned region with no rate (i.e. incorrect bill to code, no published rate for the move, etc.). If incorrect bill to codes are being used in the marketing row, it will be the rate specialist’s responsibility to train the CSM’s and CSR’s to use the proper code.
- Analyzing pricing model rates in their assigned region. In order to be an accurate pricing tool, the pricing model must be continuously reviewed and evaluated. The rates generated by the pricing model should be compared to market rates and historical quartile data routinely.
- Answer incoming calls from prospective customers requesting rates from origins in their assigned region
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or equivalent experience
- Two to three years of experience in accoutning, finance or a related business field required
- Knowledge of D.O.T and I.C.C requirements, usually gained through practical experience
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law.We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.