- 14150 B Prarie Corners Road, Omaha, NE, United States
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races, and associated parts.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and lighting systems and associated parts.
• Repair or replace chassis components such as, springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, sub frames and its associated parts, air bags and air system components.
• Repair or replace ICC’s, ICC braces, mud flap brackets, dolly leg assemblies, and any other associated part by means of welding or cutting with oxy-acetylene torch.
• Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors and door trim, and minor repairs to roofs, panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails, and all associated parts.
• Service and maintain refrigerated units, such as, changing oil, filters minor engine components, and any associated parts.
• Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift.
• Assist in performing any task outside those not listed in primary job functions.
• Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all systems pertaining to tractor/trailer operations. Preferred
• Knowledge and use of hand tools from simple wrenches to pneumatic tools.
• Ability to use a MIG welder, Plasma cutter and oxy-acetylene torch. Preferred
• Ability to lift in excess of 75 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Less than high school.
• Minimum 3 months’ mechanical experience. Preferred
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate based on applicant’s age.
For further questions, please call Chris @ 402-894-3702.