Tire Bay Mechanic
- 8701 Peterbilt Drive, Dallas, TX, United States
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Our Tire Bay Mechanics properly mount and dismount tractor/trailer tires. In addition, some light tractor and trailer mechanic duties are required.
- Mounting and dismounting of tires
- Ensure inventory control on all tires that are in stock.
- Quality Assurance: Sort through tires to allocate tires for selling, recapping, or discontinuing.
- Process repair orders for units that are repaired.
- Bill out tires for accounts payable in AS400 system.
- Perform light repairs on tractors and trailers as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One year of tire industry experience.
- Basic inventory experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Proficient in computer operations.
- Ability to lift in excess of 130 lbs.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
For further questions, please call Linda @ 678-398-6045.