A Tractor Mechanic -Multiple Full-time and Part-time Shifts Available
- 1444 Blairs Bridge Rd, Lithia Springs, GA 30122, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is to diagnose and repair all systems on a diesel tractor to include, but not limited to: engine, transmission, front axle, rear axle, suspension, air conditioning and heating, electrical, air brakes and 5th wheel systems. Must have advanced set of hand tools, rollaway toolbox, ½ drive impact and sockets, digital volt/ohm/amp meter.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical problems on diesel tractors as indicated on work orders or discovered during inspection. Repairs will be made to the following: overheads, minor and major electrical, engine electronic controls, minor and major engine overhaul, clutch replacement and adjustment, differential replacement, transmission overhaul, exhaust repairs, u-joints, cab interior, wheel seals, brakes, air bags and leveling valve, shocks, thermostats, fan hub, air brake valves, air lines, air governor, air compressor, air drier, radiator, hoses, belts, alternators, batteries, lights, kingpins, shackle pins and bushings, drag link and tie rod ends, 5th wheel, wire feed welding and oxyacetylene operation, preventative maintenance, and heating and air conditioning. Document completed repairs on a work order.
• Operate tractor. This will include locating tractor and driving it into the shop, then parking equipment on the lot when repairs are completed.
• Customer service. This includes addressing and advising drivers on technical questions concerning their tractor.
• Clean work area. This will include cleaning floors, storing and cleaning shop and personal tools and equipment. Trash removal.
• Procure parts. This will include getting parts and materials from the parts room to make repairs to tractors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Training. This will include training less experienced mechanics using hands on method and answering technical questions as they arise.
• Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to Read and Write.
• Ability to use technical and service manuals.
• Ability to use hand tools, air tools, and specialty tools such as battery tester, multimeter, antifreeze tester, refrigerant reclaimer, and engine diagnostics equipment.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot systems.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and drivers.
• Familiarity with diesel engines and all associated systems.
• Ability to operate a semi-tractor. Possess a valid driver license or commercial drivers license and have a good driving record.
• Ability to lift in excess of 75 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 or more years experience in tractor systems repairs or 1 year as a "B" mechanic.
• Certification in diesel technology or equivalent experience.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate based on applicant’s age.
For further questions, please call Linda @ 678-398-6045.