Trailer Body Mechanic - Multiple Full or Part Time Shifts Available
- 1444 Blairs Bridge Rd, Lithia Springs, GA 30122, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Werner Enterprises' Trailer Body Mechanics maintain and repair all equipment to meet minimum standards set forth by the Department of Transportation and Werner Enterprises and its subsidiaries.
- Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races, and associated parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and lighting systems and associated parts.
- Repair or replace chassis components such as, springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, sub frames and its associated parts.
- Repair or replace ICC’s, ICC braces, mud flap brackets, dolly leg assemblies, and any other associated part by means of welding or cutting with oxy-acetylene torch.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors and door trim, and minor repairs to roofs, panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails, and all associated parts.
- Service and maintain refrigerated units, such as, changing oil, filters minor engine components, and any associated parts.
- Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift.
- Assist in cleaning other areas, such as, bathrooms, break rooms, hallways, outside policing, and any other area that may need to be designated at a later date.
- Assist other mechanics and fellow employees with their daily tasks.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with the exception of high school seniors.
- Minimum 3 months mechanical experience.
- Minimum 3 months MIG welding experience both steel and aluminum, as well as oxy-acetylene torch experience.
- Basic knowledge of engine and accessory components for repairing power units on refrigerated units.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law.We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
For further questions, please call Linda @ 678-398-6045.