B Tractor Mechanic - Multiple Full-Time and Part-Time Shifts Available
- 5422 Oakview Dr, Allentown, PA 18104, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is to troubleshoot and repair systems on a Diesel Tractor.
Systems included, but not limited to: heating, electrical, , air brakes, dash and interior, drivetrain, cooling, fuel, rear and front axle, suspension, 5th wheel systems. Must have basic hand tools, rollaway toolbox, ½ drive impact and sockets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical repairs on diesel tractors as indicated on
work orders or discovered during inspection. Repairs will be made to the following: exhaust repairs, u-joints, clutch adjustment, wheel seals, brakes, cab interior, air bags and leveling valve, shocks, thermostats, fan hub, air compressor, or brake valves, air lines, air governor, air drier, radiator, hoses, belts, alternators, batteries, minor electrical, lights, kingpins,
shackle pins and bushings, drag link and tie rod ends, heating, 5th wheel, wire feed welding, oxyacetylene operation, and preventive maintenance. Document completed work orders.
• Operate tractor. This will include locating tractor and driving it into the shop, then parking equipment on the lot when repairs are completed.
• Customer service. This includes addressing and advising drivers on technical questions concerning their tractor.
• Clean work area. This will include cleaning floors, storing and cleaning shop and personal tools and equipment. Trash removal.
• Procure parts. This will include getting parts and materials from the parts room to make
repairs to tractors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 1. Ability to Read and Write.
• 2. Ability to use technical and service manuals.
• Ability to use hand tools, air tools, and specialty tools such as battery tester, multimeter, antifreeze tester, engine diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot systems.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and drivers.
• Familiarity with diesel engines and all associated systems.
• Ability to operate a semi-tractor. Possess a valid driver license or commercial drivers license and have a good driving record.
• Must be able to lift in excess of 75 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 1-year experience in tractor systems repairs.
Certification in diesel technology or equivalent experience.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
For further questions, please call Linda @ 678-398-6045.