- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Werner Enterprises is looking for a Communications Specialist for developing and implementing internal and external communication, multimedia strategy, brand awareness, marketing, public relations and website management. This position provides copywriting, editing, project management and coordinating support for the creation and implementation of all company communication, ensuring voice and brand consistency. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to work in a fast-paced environment with room to grow professionally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Responsible for writing, editing and proofing all company communications in accordance with Associated Press style, including press releases, advertisements, websites, emails, articles, newsletters, etc.
- Develops multimedia promotional campaigns, including writing advertising copy, creating messaging, developing creative platforms, developing media plans, etc.
- Responsible for creating and implementing engaging social media content and strategy across multiple platforms.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with internal department clients and collaborates on projects and campaigns.
- Manages projects and ensures that assignments consistently meet high standards while adhering to project deadlines. Maintains accurate, complete and timely records of all projects through FunctionFox.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising and public relations practices, principles and strategies, including social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be used strategically.
- Strong computer operating skills and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and provide guidance to other departments when necessary.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in an efficient manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field.
- Two years of journalism or corporate communication experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style with a willingness to learn other voice and style rules specific to Werner Enterprises.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
- Proven experience in the preparation and execution of measurable, results-oriented communication plans.
- Familiarity with general content management system functionality/best practices.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.