Project Manager - Van Network
- 1 P&G Plaza, Cincinnati, OH, us
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is to provide customer service and account management for Procter and Gamble within Werner Enterprises. This position is responsible for the day to day operations needed to ensure customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, data input accuracy, and the management of customer KPI's. This position is located at Procter and Gamble’s corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, OH.
- Manage customer load requests via telephone, email, and EDI. Manage the book of business between the van network, dedicated, brokerage, intermodal and logistics partner carriers.
- Solicit and recognize new business opportunities with strong follow through, initiative, and consistent communication.
- Build relationships to create a strong understanding of their business and find solutions to improve the business.
- Monitor and manage input accuracy for shipment details and rating information.
- Scorecard Ownership. Manage carrier on-time service levels and additional KPI's to meet customer expectations.
- Manage the delivery of scheduled customer reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years customer service experience preferred.
- Two to three years transportation/brokerage experience preferred.
- One to two years AS400 or P.C. Experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.