- 30 Martha Drive, Bethel, PA, us
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for day to day transportation operations. This includes driver management, load planning, and customer service functions needed to ensure customer satisfaction. The operational functions include revenue generation, safety, recruiting, equipment maintenance monitoring, and driver payroll. This must be accomplished in conjunction with meeting the key performance indicators established by the Dedicated Logistics Manager, Operations Manager and our customer.
- Build and maintain driver relationships through understanding and meeting driver needs. These needs include, but are not limited to home time, payroll, utility, equipment breakdowns, logging violations, safety and equipment issues, etc.
- Assigning drivers to loads by optimizing load information such as origination, destination, type of freight, number of miles, stops, directions, etc. with driver needs and availability.
- This is done using the AS400 computer system, Qualcomm satellite, face-to-face communication, and phone.
- Understand and adhere to our customer’s dynamics, service expectations, goals, and initiatives as they relate to improving value for the Customer and Werner.
- Interface with various departments such as billing, vans, customer service, risk, safety, payroll, fuel, maintenance and external vendors.
- Work closely with Dedicated Manager and/or Operations Manager to fill and maintain a full board of drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Marketing or Transportation/Logistics) and/or two to three years of fleet management or transportation experience in the truckload industry preferred.
- Six months to one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and management ability.
- Skill in operating a computer terminal and satellite communications system required.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.