Service Truck Technician
- 10251 Calabash Ave, Fontana, CA 92335, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Our Service Truck Technicians travel within a 60 mile general radius to repair Tractors/Trailers that need roadside assistance and make repairs to Tractors/Trailers that are located at customers shipping yards or parking lots.
Repair trucks and trailers to include tire repair and/or tire replacement. Replace fuel filters, jump start trucks or refrigerated trailers. Replace batteries, alternators, trailer door seals, trailer dolley legs, trailer doors and hardware, wheel seals, air brake systems repairs, coolant leaks, patch holes in trailer roof, side panels, and floor. Repair electrical and lighting problems, repair suspension and air ride systems, weld and repair mud flap brackets, ICC bumpers, and other components that may need welding. Any other mechanic repairs that can be done outside of the shop buildiing.
- Communicate with Shop Manager, Road Breakdown by using cell phone or 2-way radio.
- Fill out work orders and document parts used and labor times for repairs completed.
- Drive service truck from shop to service site and return to the shop. Keep service truck fueled and complete proper maintenance to keep service truck operational. Keep service truck clean.
- Keep service truck parts inventoried and restock parts as needed. This includes taking along parts that maybe needed to compete repairs on site.
Minimum of 2 years truck and trailer repair experience.
- Good communications skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry experience.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Mechanic apptitude and ability to operate shop tools and air tools.
- Operate a service truck.
- Ability to read shop service manuals.
- Be able to work independently.
- Ability to lift in excess of 100 lbs.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
For further questions, please call Chris @ 402-894-3702.