- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services.
Our Audit team is growing! The new Internal Auditor will assist with the internal audit team members and various audits and internal control testing as part of the annual audit plan. This position will verify the effectiveness of Company operating procedures through a systematic program of audits. The Internal Auditor will review records and gain an understanding of the financial, operational and information technology related controls.
- Conduct audit work based on established test plans
- Execute in accordance with departmental and professional standards ensuring completion within budgeted time
- Assist with test work as part of the Company Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program
- Recommend improvements to internal controls designed to safeguard Company resources, Company growth and ensure compliance with governmental regulations
- Provide timely and accurate reports on the results of testing
- Be able to work in a deadline driven dynamic environment
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Business Administration/or related field
- One to three years public accounting and/or relevant internal audit experience
- CPA or CIA – Certification preferred or be willing to work toward one
- Basic knowledge of audit and internal control testing procedures
As a full-time Werner associate, you are eligible for our Full Benefits Package including: medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) + matching, PTO, and paid holidays!
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.