French Language Specialist [Remote]
- REMOTE, xx
Do you use phone messaging apps so often you could do it in your sleep (and maybe do)? Are you an “expert” at sending just the right emoji to your friends and family? Do you have a background in translating from English into French?
Then help us make one of the most used communication apps in the world, accessible to everyone, no matter the language. Let's connect the world, together!
We’re looking for a creative translator to be a part of our French team and be the primary linguistic support and backup for the Language Lead. This is a remote position and can be done from anywhere.
Want to know more? Here are the Language Specialist’s responsibilities:
Language Specialist's Responsibilities
Perform regular linguistic review of their own work and of content that is already translated to ensure minimum quality standards are met.
Make changes related to typos, misspelling, incorrect punctuation, major grammar, syntax mistakes
Assess overall translation quality of already translated content and document potential quality issues /trends in a report that will be passed onto the Language Lead.
TEP (translation, editing, proofreading)
Act as dedicated back-up for the Language Lead if the lead is sick, on holiday or cannot perform their duties.
Use the tools provided to perform their localization tasks: CAT tools or task management systems
Translate, review, and proofread various types of content: UI application strings for mobile apps, Website content, FAQs and Help center content, Canned responses for customer support representatives, marketing content, user research content, surveys, social media posts, videos, potentially some non-technical legal content
Linguistic assets: Terminology and Style Guide
Perform regular terminology work including translating glossary terms (every day), perform in-depth terminology research and comparative analysis of style, language and terminology used by competitors and successful products in the target market
Responsible to create, adapt and maintain a Language-specific style guide
LQA / Live testing
Perform live LQA (Localization QA) testing of the application UI strings as well as thoroughly QA any content published on our live website (FAQs, Blog posts, Marketing material) or other channels (ex. Facebook posts, Press kits, Marketing campaigns). Their main responsibility is to perform Localization testing for translation quality purposes, but it might include also some functionality testing on the localized internal builds
Respond to urgent requests
Vendor Team work coordination as needed
BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree.
Translation/ Linguistics or Computer science/ Software engineering or similar fields of study strongly desired.
- Native level fluency and formal education in the language of expertise (writing, reading, speaking). Must have lived and worked in country/ culture they represent for at least 5 years
- Proven understanding and in-depth knowledge of the target culture. Needs to be immersed or have regular exposure to the target culture or fully aware of technology trends, current affairs and language trends
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills (writing, reading, speaking)
- Ability to clearly explain linguistic challenges and cultural questions and concepts in English to diverse stakeholders who might not be familiar with the language or linguistics in a clear and professional way
- 3 years of experience in software localization (mobile applications, desktop applications) or gaming localization OR
- 3 years of experience in translation/linguistic review of technical content + 1 year experience with CAT tools
- Proven record of high quality translation in the target language, preferably for software applications and ability to translate simple UI strings, as well as marketing copy.
- Attention to detail, especially as it pertains to language and UX nuances that fully and successfully convey our message on a local level and ensure the best user experience for the target market
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree. Translation/ Linguistics or Computer science/ Software engineering or similar fields of study strongly desired.
- Avid messaging and social media mobile app user with a strong passion for technology
- Hands-on experience with desktop and cloud- based office software programs, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing and graphic presentation software, video conferencing tools)
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through basic functionalities of mobile devices, use different operating systems and independently find relevant information to troubleshoot basic technical issues/ questions
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially as it pertains to language nuances that fully and successfully convey our message on a local level as well
- Ability to follow complex instructions, stay focused under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in the face of ambiguity and tight deadlines.
- Understanding of localization platforms and file formats, and basic experience with CAT tools that manage and/or automate the translation workflow
- M.A. in Translation, Linguistics, or similar field of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software localization, QA testing, Linguistic QA
- 2+ years of experience with different CAT tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards and best practices
- Experience in writing, copy-writing or editing in the language of expertise (especially for marketing material)
- Experience with in depth terminology research, maintenance of linguistic assets such as glossaries and style guides, comparative analysis of competitors terminology and style
If this freelance job is interesting to you, please apply and make sure your CV shows your experience.
If there's a fit, we'll ask you to sign an NDA so we can give you all the details about this fun client, and to ask you take a client-specific test.
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative language services to help global brands reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages. We provide translation and localization services, talent management, language tools, automation and technology, quality and program management. With more than 1,000 full-time employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Japan and China. www.welocalize.com