English to Korean Lead Linguist - Freelance/Remote
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative language services to help global brands reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages. We provide translation and localization services, talent management, language tools, automation and technology, quality and program management. With more than 1,000 full-time employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Japan and China. www.welocalize.com
The Lead Linguist will be a central point of contact with the client reviewers and will coordinate the linguists team to meet the client’s quality expectations.
● Translation and review tasks
● Validate translations through proofreading
● Owns linguistic quality
● Regular calls with client lead reviewer
● Coordinate the linguistic team
● Status reporting and KPI tracking
● Communicate asset updates and client feedback to linguistic team
● Onboard and train new linguists
● Review translator and reviewer tests
● Communicate translation team assignment preferences to PM team
● Query management/client feedback implementation
● Analyze linguist deliverables, determine root causes of issues and implement actions for improvement
● Support linguists in understanding corrections and in the arbitration process
● Support linguists in asking any questions during production and escalate to PM/quality team as needed
● Identify and highlight workload or workflow issues and provide solutions to the PM team
The biggest priority is that if you are a good fit for the lead linguist role, with previous experience with team management and client interaction.
• Native-speaker of Korean and fluent in English;
• Degree in linguistics, translation and/or equivalent experience;
• Extensive experience in Marketing/UI Localization and proven track record as translator/reviewer.
• Expert use of translation & terminology tools
• Experience of team management and quality management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
If this freelance job is interesting to you, please apply and make sure your CV shows your translation experience.
If there's a fit, we'll ask you to sign an NDA so we can give you all the details about this fun client, and ask you take a client-specific test.