Talent Community Intern
- Portland, OR, USA
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative language services to help global brands reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages. We provide translation and localization services, talent management, language tools, automation and technology, quality and program management. With more than 800 full-time employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Japan and China. www.welocalize.com
The Talent Community Interns’ primary purpose is to support the Talent Community Team in day-to-day engagement and recruitment activities, and effectively coordinate all project/campaign related tasks assigned to them. The intern would also work on projects with Talent Program Partners that focus on account teams, and language coordinators to get a feel for the whole Talent & Quality Team at Welocalize.
Major responsibilities will include support in the following areas:
- Assist Talent & Quality teams in managing the central linguistic database, updating trackers, and uploading data according to account specific guidelines.
- Complete linguist onboarding on to Welocalize’s platforms
- Daily review of Zendesk tickets: Helps file tickets to the appropriate group in Zendesk and ensures tickets are picked up by the correct team member in a timely manner
- Assist with recruitment campaigns, develop channels, and meet a set key metrics outlined as success measures
- Manage assigned talent-related tasks, as delegated by the Director of Global Communities involving the planning, execution, tracking, delivery, and closure of talent sourcing campaigns
- Maintain and update talent resource trackers in various systems; create needed reports.
Talent Community Management (including social media)
- Daily review of various community sites: Proz, Glassdoor, LinkedIn
- Create social sharing images for talent campaigns utilizing established design templates
- Manage WelocalizeTalent Facebook, Twitter profiles and LinkedIn Showcase page – responding to community members and sourcing new content for publication, following the set brand and voice guide
- Assist with talent focused event planning
Overall Company Exposure
- Work with Talent Program Managers and Language Coordinators on projects as needed, to understand this part of our business
- Work with Park IP and Testing Leads in the Testing Lab to understand how to recruit for these different BU's.
- Shadow other roles such as Engineering and Marketing to understand how different areas of the company operate.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Currently enrolled or completed a four-year college or university, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with a focus on Marketing, Communications, Community Building, HR, International Business, Recruitment, Social Media; Translation/Localization industry experience is not required, but helpful.
Community/Recruitment/Marketing: Previous Community management and/or social media management experience is desirable. Background/exposure to recruiting and online marketing is a plus.
Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. English proficiency, with a second language highly desirable (plus for European, Latin American & Indic languages).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to learn new tasks and ask questions as needed.
This is a 3-month full-time contract job ( If desired by the applicant, the role can be part-time). Contract or other employment options can be extended based on need. If you are interested please attach your CV and sign the NDA below.
Welocalize's NDA at the link below: