English to Indonesian - PST Based Marketing Translator [Remote]
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative language services to help global brands reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages. We provide translation and localization services, talent management, language tools, automation and technology, quality and program management. With more than 1,000 full-time employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Japan and China. www.welocalize.com
Are you familiar with the entertainment and film industry? Do you have marketing translation and/or transcreation experience for English into Indonesian? Do you live in North or South America and can work in the Pacific time zone (remotely)? Would you be interested in becoming a Langauge Lead?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we’ve got a fun freelance job for you! Take a look at the full description below, and if this looks like it’s right up your alley, please apply.
In this role, you'll be a part of a language team where you'll focus on quick turnaround translations in PST time zone. There will be around 10+ hours of marketing translation work per week. This includes same day marketing transitions and transliteration. Depending on fit and quality you can work on more content types.
- Professional linguist with native-level fluency in target language and near-native level proficiency in the source language(s) from which he/she translates.
- Minimum educational requirement: 4-year higher education degree in either translation or linguistics, or a related, relevant language discipline.
- Minimum three years' experience translating and reviewing content in the specified subject matter area(s) or vertical(s).
- Power user of CAT tools and translation management systems, terminology management tools and QA automation tools, from translator perspective.
- Conversant with machine translation post-editing environment.
- Ability to adopt a broad range of registers, tones and client voices.
- Adaptability and flexibility to learn and apply the client required style and voice.
- Copywriting skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to proactively reach out to Reviewers during translation lifecycle and raise clarifying questions around terminology, style, tone, voice.
- Ability to have client-facing meetings and effectively discuss translation and terminology issues while maintaining professional and collaborative tone at all times.
If this freelance job is interesting to you, please apply and make sure your CV shows your Marketing, transliteration, transcreation
Also please upload a sample of your marketing translations.
- So we can expedite the screening process and talk to you about the client, please sign Welocalize's NDA at the link below: