Chinese - English Linguistic Tester
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 157 languages. Our solutions include global localization management, translation, supply chain management, people sourcing, language services and automation tools including MT, testing and staffing solutions and enterprise translation management technologies. With over 600 employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan and China.
Main role duties:
Voice application testing. Perform grading and analysis on computer generated answers, including transcription, when compared to user expected results.
· Report bugs using best practices through the client’s internal database system. Write bugs to refine the Natural Language engine’s speech-to-text engine, and Natural Language comprehension.
· Focus on common parsing errors.
· Perform usability tests on the client’s voice application for search accuracy.
· Work with international language teams and English variants to distinguish system wide issues versus locale specific problems.
· Submit reports discussing speech-to-text accuracy, Natural Language performance and user sentiment.
· Perform analysis of computer generated answers compared to users expected results.
· Troubleshoot, isolate & report bugs found during testing.
· Ability to understand and prioritize tasks and issues quickly and efficiently
· Native language skills and cultural awareness of native country
· Good oral and written communication
· Highly organized with attention to detail and a commitment to quality
· Being able to track, analyze and report issues