Store Manager, Clearwater
- Roodepoort, South Africa
The Wellness WAY
Wellness Warehouse was launched with the vision of creating a holistic health destination for conscious consumers wanting to live life well for themselves, their communities and the planet.
Rather than rest on our laurels, we are continuing to grow and evolve, offering an innovative and collaborative working environment that encourages individual and community development through ongoing learning.
Our talent strategy is to recruit people as brand ambassadors and change agents at every level of the business, empowering them through our Wellness Training Academy.
You’re perfect for the Wellness family if you have a passion for wellbeing, genuinely care about making a positive difference in people’s lives and are a motivated team player committed to exceptional customer service.
We invite you to join us on the wonderful Wellness journey.
As One of the TEAM
Our customer experience is always front of mind and is the Why behind what we do. As a store manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of a retail store and leading a team with passion and care. Your contribution to the business will be to ensure that your store functions as a profit centre through effective team rostering and store discipline adherence. A key leadership and communication role is to ensure the efficient flow of information between support office and stores and to foster a culture of shared responsibility, collaboration and innovative problem-solving.
Your Strategic FOCUS AREAS
- Sales – meet or exceed budgets
- Gross Profit – reduce wastage and improve stock accuracy within benchmarks
- Costs – efficient cost control
- Net Profit – reduce controllable expenses in line with budgets
- Financial reporting – effective Income Statement reporting
Store Disciplines and Productivity:
- Audits – ensure that monthly store audit benchmarks are achieved and improved upon
- Stock - effective stock control and stock management
- Cash – effective cash handling procedures and controls
- Store look and feel – adherence to store disciplines, marketing and visual merchandising guidelines
- Store atmosphere – ensure a professional environment
- Culture – ensure a performance development culture
- Teamwork – ensure store effectiveness through team effectiveness
- HR – experience and understanding of basic IR
- Grade 12
- Relevant business / admin qualification – retail management diploma or degree would be advantageous
- 4+ Years retail experience with administrative and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- An excellent understanding of retail
- Proficiency in stock management, cost control and cost management
- Genuine interest in the Wellness brand and products
- Understanding of the Wellness customer and brand
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and extended retail hours
- Own transport
- Competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience
- Remuneration based on a ‘cost to company’ model
- Provident fund, death and disability cover (permanent team members)
- Performance incentives
- Team member discounts on in-store and online purchases
- Bonus birthday leave day
- Exceptional training and knowledge acquisition through our in-house Wellness Training Academy
- Exceptional product training with suppliers of our key brands
- Free Wellness Healthy Happenings event access
- Involvement with a community of people who really care about making a difference in the world