Store Manager – Plattekloof
- Cape Town, South Africa
The Wellness WAY
- CARE, COMMUNITY and COURAGE are the VALUES that we live by. Care for each other, our customers and the planet. Community because we understand that our success is linked to the success of others. And courage because making – and upholding – principled decisions isn’t always easy.
- We believe that businesses have a duty to make a positive contribution to the world. We are therefore proud of the role that we play in promoting HEALTH and ENVIRONMENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS, principles that are more relevant today than ever before.
- We are also proud of the investments that we make in our TEAM members in terms of ongoing TRAINING, personal development and career progression. As our business continues to grow and evolve, we want to attract TALENT that shares our VISION and values. We want to meet MOTIVATED people who embrace continuous LEARNING and don’t mind a challenge, and who believe that they can make a positive difference to our CUSTOMERS’ lives.
We also plan to have a lot of FUN along the way!
Wellness Warehouse is currently looking for a dynamic, experienced and skilled individual to join our Operations Team as a Store Manager for our store in Plattekloof, Cape Town
The successful incumbent will have a strong retail background, be able to lead by example and embrace all things health.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Planning, leading, organising and controlling all aspects of the branch as a business unit functioning as a profit centre.
• Implementing and managing team rosters and ensuring the store is correctly staffed according to store organogram.
• Ensuring policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adhered to.
• Ensuring that the standards (in & outside) of general housekeeping, merchandising, signage and team uniforms are continually reflecting the professional image of the company.
• Ensuring branch and departments’ targets and budgets are met with relevance to turnover, gross profit, stock holding ratios and profitability.
• Assisting Buying with feedback to ensure products are correctly priced as dictated by the market.
• Following merchandising guidelines and managing stock accordingly.
• Managing shrinkage in-store and implementing processes to minimise shrinkage.
• Ensuring store opening and closing procedures are adhered to.
• Ensuring a healthy and safe team and customer environment
• Placing orders, managing stock and capturing invoices
• Carrying out eight-week cycle stock count
• Investigating stock adjustments, waste, unders/overs and any other store discipline discrepancies
• Interacting with support office to bring marketing and merchandising efforts to light in stores
• Attending monthly management meetings and participating in collaborative discussions/feedback.
• Customer service and sales
• Various other duties as and when reasonably required
• An avid interest in the Wellness industry
• Relevant business management qualification
• 5 years of Retail experience in a Managerial Position in an FMCG environment
• Strong computer literacy skills
• Financial Skills
• Strong administrative and numeracy skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience
- Team member DISCOUNTS on instore and online purchases – a way we support you in living life well!
- Bonus BIRTHDAY LEAVE day
- Exceptional TRAINING and KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION through our inhouse Wellness Training Academy
- A COMMUNITY of people who really CARE about making a difference in the world