Health Services Operations & Systems Intern - Health Care Innovation
- Des Moines, IA
- Department: Internships
- Work Environment: Hybrid
Why choose an internship with Wellmark? We strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team. You will gain valuable experience within the health insurance industry and put the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired in school to practice this summer during our 2023 Summer Internship Program. You will have the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts and leaders within the industry, network with fellow internship program participants, and gain practical, hands-on work experience.
If you’re eager to learn, collaborate with others, demonstrate your potential, develop customer-focused solutions, and grow into an exciting career, we hope you’ll consider an internship with us!
Looking to intern on the health services operations and business support team in our Health Care Innovation division? The health care industry is changing, and Wellmark is working to help change it for the better. We recognize that our members deserve health care with a focus on quality. We also recognize that health care is complex. We’ve embarked on a journey to support our members use and navigate the health care system in order to help them make clear, informed decisions, and we’re also ensuring that we take a team-centric approach when working with and in support of our members. The work that our diverse business and care teams are doing in collaboration with our health care partners will create these changes, all while working to minimize health care costs.
What projects might I support? Although subject to change, examples of projects are included below:
- Support team with the review and updating of business process and system configuration documentation of our population health management platform
- Perform basic system configuration changes and data maintenance/entry in our population health management platform
- Review and analyze system error reports; facilitate or conduct corrective actions as appropriate/applicable
- Organize and track regulatory and accreditation compliance activities for the team
- Performs routine tasks under direct supervision and within established procedures and guidelines
- Applies foundational functional knowledge to produce work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives
Ready to bring your strengths to Wellmark? Here’s what’s next? Review the qualifications below. If the position is a match with your background and interests, please submit an application for review.
This internship will start in May of 2023, working a hybrid schedule from our headquarters in Des Moines.
- Current junior or senior student studying MIS/CIS, business process management, business administration or related program
- Ability to build relationships and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with the business areas
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, strong customer relations and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience creating business process maps or flow charts
- Prior internship or office experience
- Previous experience writing and executing manual test cases
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact us at [email protected]