Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
- Lawrence, MA, USA
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Advanced Practitioners
- Work Address: 360 Merrimack St. Ste. 425 Lawrence, MA 01843
Home Health Foundation is a proud member of Wellforce, a health system that is rethinking how academic and community centers, local and national businesses, and technology and service innovators can all work together. So that clinicians can deliver expert care where it’s needed most. And, so that we can bring wellness back to health care, one person at a time.
The Palliative Care Team includes physicians who are board certified in hospice and palliative care, nurse practitioners with extensive experience in pain and symptom management, and social workers who are knowledgeable about the physical, emotional and spiritual issues that often accompany a serious or life-limiting illness.
This position will be primarily geared towards inpatient palliative care in the hospital setting.
There will be occasional weekend responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Remains current on clinical standards of practice in hospice and palliative care; promotes evidence based practice.
- Provides medical expertise on pain and symptom management
- Provides discussions on goals of care with all patients
- Identifies/evaluates issues; reaches sound conclusions; generates alternatives; makes accurate and timely decisions.
- Maintains documentation of patient visits, and communicates recommendations to providers.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships within the medical community
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team player and function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in hospice and palliative care.
- Licensed as Nurse Practitioner in MA , ME and NH (or willingness to obtain).
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships within the medical community.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.