- Malden, MA, USA
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Nursing Leadership
- Work Address: 178 Savin Street, Suite 300, Malden, MA 02148
Direct, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of home health services. Ensures compliance and consistency with agency policy, State and federal home health regulations. Responsible for the management of cost effective, efficient care to home health patients ensuring the delivery of outcome based to meet the individual needs of patients. Acts as a role model and mentor professionally and clinically for the implementation of the organization’s Mission and Core Value statements.
- Provides direct clinical supervision, performance evaluations. Evaluates and ensures that competency requirements are met for all staff.
- Performs in home supervisory visits with assigned team members at least annually.
- Collaborates with HR in aspects of personnel management such as interviewing and hiring of employee candidates and disciplinary action of employees
- Communicates regularly with supervisors and staff.
- Promotes efficient utilization of resources to achieve desired clinical outcomes and within episode reimbursement.
- Provide effective guidance to professional staff regarding: justification for appropriate home health service utilization in terms of frequency, duration, and type of service; rationale for clinical interventions based on patient condition, family, and community resources and the POC.
- Conducts individual caseload reviews, at the SOC and ongoing, and team meetings on a regularly scheduled basis according to the agency’s standards. Case conferences with staff as needed to meet the needs of challenging clients.
- Takes a proactive approach in identifying high utilization and problem prone cases; takes appropriate action.
- Accessible for staff consultation and problem solving. Handle clinical emergencies, complex problem solving.
- Ensures appropriate levels of clinical coverage based on census, multidisciplinary skill mix, geographic distribution, and patient care requirements.
- Participates in administrative On Call and holiday coverage as assigned. Arranges for managerial coverage when off.
- Researches and follows through with customer and employee complaints in a timely fashion. Follow through with employee complaints.
- Enhances professional growth through attendance at in-services, conferences, and professional organizations
- Evaluate staff understanding of documentation and compliance with regulations (Medicaid, Medicare, DPH, OSHA, JCAHO, State and Federal) with QA input.
- Reviews all payroll and ensures timely documentation within agency guidelines
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of what to report to the supervisor or Director of Quality Improvement when concerns of corporate compliance arise.
- Ensures compliance within guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies (JCAHO, DPH, ERISA etc.) and demonstrates compliance with Home Health Foundation policies and procedures.
- Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in all mandatory inservices.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Responsible- Takes pride in all work and seeks to perform with excellence. Is dependable and follows through on commitments. Conducts themselves in a professional manner and leads by example.
- Innovative- Creative and innovative in working through challenges. Embraces change and understands it is necessary to thrive. Is solution-oriented and seeks ways to improve quality and service.
- Supportive- Warm, approachable and easy to work with. Expresses appreciation and encouragement to colleagues, clients and patients. Goes beyond normal job responsibilities to help others succeed.
- Enthusiastic- Brings passion, energy and optimism to the workplace. Speaks well of colleagues and the organization. Possesses a can-do attitude and looks at the upside of issues.
- Humble- Respects differences and understands that diversity makes us stronger. Shares credit and admits mistakes. Leaves ego at the door and understands that we need each other to be successful.
- Integrity- Acts in the best interest of our patients and organization. Is honest in all interactions. Does the right thing for the right reason.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time. The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Constantly operates a computer and other standard office equipment such as copy machine, phones, photocopier, fax machines and computer printers. The employee in this position frequently communicates internally and externally; must be able to exchange accurate information via phone, email and/or in person. Specific vision abilities apply including close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This position operates in a clerical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work & Travel
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30pm with some flexibility based on position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Therapist in the states of MA and NH.
2. Registered Nurse BS preferred, or Therapist with two (2) years’ experience in community health/home health, Supervisory experience preferred.
3. In depth understanding of Medicare Conditions of Participation and PPS, and case management.
4. Demonstrated strong organizational, planning, problem solving, decision-making, leadership, and motivational skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with people of varied backgrounds and levels of understanding.
6. Previous experience in directing and managing a multi-disciplinary team of home health clinicians.
7. Proficient computer skills and ability to use word processing, database and systems applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.