Hospice Aide, Per Diem, 22169
- Haverhill, MA, USA
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Nursing
- Work Address: 360 North Avenue, Haverhill, MA 01830
Home Health Foundation is a proud member of Wellforce, a health system that is rethinking how academic and community centers, local and national businesses, and technology and service innovators can all work together. So that clinicians can deliver expert care where it’s needed most. And, so that we can bring wellness back to health care, one person at a time.
A Hospice Aide is a trained paraprofessional who provides personal care and other incidental care to patients as instructed by and under the supervision of the professional clinician. Hospice Aides provide care to patients in a variety of settings, including patients under home health and hospice plans of care, residing in private homes, assisted livings, skilled nursing facilities and hospice inpatient facilities.
- Certified CNA or HHA certificate with ability to pass written and demonstration competencies as required by regulations upon hire. Depending on the position, the aide may be required to pass additional competencies, including Dementia Care and Hospice Care. If assigned to New Hampshire caseload, must be a Licensed Nurse Aide in the State of NH.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, able to cope with emergencies.
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Tact and sensitivity in dealing with emotional or stressful patient situations.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.