Hospice Aide, Nights, 22173
- Haverhill, MA, USA
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Nursing
- Work Address: 360 North Avenue, Haverhill, MA 01830
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
A Hospice Aide is a trained paraprofessional who provides personal care and other incidental care to patients as instructed by and under the supervision of the professional clinician. Hospice Aides provide care to patients in a variety of settings, including patients under home health and hospice plans of care, residing in private homes, assisted livings, skilled nursing facilities and hospice inpatient facilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Certified CNA or HHA certificate with ability to pass written and demonstration competencies as required by regulations upon hire. Depending on the position, the aide may be required to pass additional competencies, including Dementia Care and Hospice Care. If assigned to New Hampshire caseload, must be a Licensed Nurse Aide in the State of NH.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, able to cope with emergencies.
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Tact and sensitivity in dealing with emotional or stressful patient situations.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.