Pharmacy Technician, Specialty Pharmacy (Tampa)
- Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL, USA
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.
Reports to: Mgr, Specialty Pharmacy
Position Location: 4110 George Rd Tampa, FL 33634
- Input new patient demographics and prescription data information into the pharmacy processing system.
- Adjudicate third party claims and resolve rejections by coordinating with health plans and providers when necessary.
- Following protocols for sterile and safe fulfillment practices and under the supervision of a specialty pharmacist; mix pharmaceutical preparations, fill bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules, prepare drug labels, and clean equipment using proper methods.
- Maintain an organized, clean and appropriately stocked/equipped work space to ensure a continued and efficient productivity.
- Answers/conducts inbound and outbound phone calls, identify medical issues and refer to pharmacists when necessary.
- Receive, update and stock incoming inventory.
- Place periodic inventory reorders through various vendors and manufacturers, and establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels (PAR) for all new items.
- Monitor the transit of all shipped packages and take timely actions to resolve all exceptions encountered.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of specialty medications and their best handling practices (e.g. stability conditions, common ship-to locations based on therapy types, when to look out for concomitant medications, etc.).
- Enroll patients into specialty clinical programs.
- Capture clinical data and input into various databases.
- Perform regular and comprehensive patient chart reviews (both paper and electronic) to ensure accuracy and completeness of data collected.
- Partner with specialty clinicians to ensure appropriateness of therapies adhering to manufacture and state protocols.
- Maintain HIPAA standards and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Complete mandatory training and remain compliant with FDA regulations relating to the dispensing of high risk medications.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred Other Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Required 2 years of experience in pharmacy operations, managed care, hospitals and /or retail environments; experience in specialty or home infusion pharmacy is highly desirable but not required
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Experience in the use of pharmaceutical references
- Intermediate Other Experience in evaluating information from both oral and written sources, pharmaceutical references and report information to pharmacists
- Intermediate Other Ability to identify clinical issues throughout all steps of prescription filling process and communicate to pharmacists
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Required Other Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Word
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Outlook
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.