Senior Front End Developer
- The Grid - 12 Madden Street, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
At Weirdly we're changing the way companies think about the recruitment process. It can be faster and more efficient for hirers, and way less boring for candidates. That’s where we come in: Building a modern, candidate friendly talent platform, allowing candidates to express their weirdness and hopefully, land a job at a company that suits them to a tee.
We believe in being honest so in the interests of full disclosure, you won't enjoy life here if you're uncomfortable with a bit of chaos. Like every startup, we ran before we could walk. That means in some cases our systems, frameworks and processes aren't perfect. We're fixing these as we go but of course, this is a journey and a challenge.
We’re looking for people who are up for that challenge and passionate about creating world-class software.
We need an extremely talented and enthusiastic front end developer with experience implementing clean, efficient, and scalable web apps. This role is a good fit for developers who love user interaction, product, and design, as well as those who love the piping, security, integrations, and other hidden dimensions that make systems tick.
- This role is for candidates based in New Zealand or Australia only
- Lead design and implement key front end features and services for the platform
- Work in parallel with designers and other developers to optimise and convert mockups and designs into solid systems
- Collaborate to come up with great app and service solutions
- Be confident moving blockers and work with external and internal APIs
- Help the team stay up-to-date with new trends in front end development
- Continual development of our Design System in Storybook (Vue)
- Strong experience designing, implementing, and shipping production web apps at scale
- 5+ years professional web application development
- 5+ years JS (JS/ES6/TS)
- Vue / React frameworks
- Experience with PHP dependencies a bonus
- Webpack/babel for frontend compilation
- Typescript, SASS, Jquery
- GitHub Actions and Jenkins for CI/CD pipelines
- Real-world code optimisation for browsers
- Experience in optimising for Accessibility
If you're committed to getting stuff done then this is the place to be.
- Competitive compensation
- All of the standard perks that other start-ups do (options, best tech, flexibility, social events, paid parental leave)
- We have a distributed workforce. No clocking in our clocking out. You will be empowered to work autonomously to suit your lifestyle
Where to now:
Apply and complete our quiz to get to know us more https://quiz.weirdlyhub.com/quiz/weirdly/get-weird-dev