- Zwolle, Netherlands
We want to become the #1 in the minds and hearts of families in the Netherlands. That is our vision. Our mission is to make the life of families in the Netherlands more beautiful and easy.
Our Customers tell us that happiness not only comes from the big moments, but especcialy from the small things; a spontanous pillow fight, a compliment or a hug. Thats why we offer our customers room to experience these suprisingly beautiful moments. That is our Purpose. That is how we want to make the difference.
Within Category Management we work hard, every day, to supply our customers with the most relevant assortment possible to meet the need of the families in the Netherlands.
You are responsible for the longer term operational performance of the category. You work closely with buyers & category range managers to make sure that assortment selection & buying plans are operationally feasible, and forecast the impact of events & promotions on the category’s operational performance. You actively work with both inventory controllers & buyers to make sure that the amount & impact of obsolete & bad stock is minimized, and continuously improve the (structural) operational performance of the category.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Responsible for assortment planning (pre-season and inseason)
- Responsible for life cycle management of assortment
- Monitor stock health of the assortment (non-movers, negative GP3, etc.)
- Cooperating closely with buyers to formulate sales & promotions
- Forecast & evaluate the impact of sales, promotions, and events on profitability, taking into account stock health
- Responsible for minimizing bad & obsolete stock, and the corresponding jobber losses
- Cooperate closely with inventory controllers to source data, forecast (longer term) inbound/stock developments, and structurally improve supplier quality management
- (Where relevant) Cooperate closely with buyers & category range managers to formulate assortment & buying plans for seasonal items (fashion, garden etc.)
- (Where relevant) Cooperate closely with buyers & inventory controllers to manage in-season open-to-buy & order sizes for seasonal items (fashion, garden, etc.)
Measures of success
- Profitable growth of the category
- Bad & obsolete stock / Jobber losses
You combine a commercial drive & analytical strength with an affinity for logistics & operations, and have been employed in a similar capacity for some years. You have a deep understanding of the interactions between commercial choices and operational outcomes (inbound, outbound, stock health, etc.), and how to forecast these. You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team, where you cooperate closely with buyers, inventory controllers & category range managers, and are the driving force behind structural operational improvement of the category.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Analytically strong, know how to translate data into insights & insights into concrete improvements
- Fast learner with a pro-active mindset
- Driven by achieving (business) results, especially variables related to availability and profitability
- Able to cooperate closely with internaland external stakeholders