Node.js Microservices Developer on AWS
- WA-520, Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Webtellect is an established software consulting firm. We are equivalent to the finest "custom home builders" as it applies to software. We build software for those companies who have funding but not the resources, or for those companies who have the resources but not bandwidth. We analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and learn from our engagements to improve for the next. We all share a passion and joy for software excellence. As such, Webtellect consultants are highly coveted.
Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with product management and the lead architect to translate business requirements into scalable and highly available tools
- Implement Cloud and Microservice best practices while adhering to standard architecture patterns
- Develop microservice applications to support the media asset management systems and implement them using appropriate technologies & frameworks
- Drive the adoption of engineering best practices
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Integrate various software platforms and external 3rd party systems through vendor APIs.
- Work with vendor(s) on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Configure Dev, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development, working closely with Cloud Ops, CI and QA team members
- Participate when needed in 24x7 application support schedule; some overnight/off hours shift-schedule support will be required during on-air rollouts, emergencies, and special broadcast events.
- Solid experience working within a Microservices setting including REST/API development experience
- Must have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFormation, VPC
- Languages: NodeJS primarily, though we do have services build in Python
- Solid experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration.
- Experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements.
- Experience working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines, Unit and Automated Integration Testing, Application Logging and Monitoring tools
- US Citizens or Green Card holders only
- Will be W2 hourly Employee of Webtellect
- Long-term contract
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Teamwork mentality with willingness to help others
- Proactive thinking
- Continuous improvement and quality focused mindset