SDET (Java, AWS, Docker, K8s)
- CA-1, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Webtellect is an established software consulting firm. We are equivalent to the finest "custom home builders" as it applies to software. We build software for those companies who have funding but not the resources or for those companies who have the resources but not bandwidth. We analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and learn from our engagements to improve for the next. We all share a passion and joy for software excellence. As such, Webtellect consultants are highly coveted.
The client is video / internet streaming company.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration.
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an STE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Significant understanding of complex coding frameworks and applications such as Java, Node, Mobile and OTT as well as devops concepts
- Ability to develop and execute Performance & Load Tests
- Close coordination with other team members to perform operational level testing as needed
- Understand and break down architectural designs to provide most efficient and comprehensive testing coverage.
- Investigate and report issues based on findings from logs and various AWS services.
- API Testing using Java-Based Framework
- Performance Testing
- Some DevOps Experience (Plus for Docker, Kubernetes)
- AWS Experience
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (TestNG, Java, API Systems, Spring)
- 2+ years of experience as a test engineering within an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience in a functional testing role
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years of Front-end testing experience (web, mobile, OTT)
- 2+ years Video Content Delivery Experience
- 3+ years of Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools (jMeter, Curl, WebPageTest or other commercial perf testing tool)
- 3+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
- 3+ years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with Docker & Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience working with Jenkins, CircleCI
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Experience working with native AWS is a must
- 1 year contract
- target rate: $40 / hr - $45 /hr