Database / Data Engineer
- 411 S Main St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Webtellect is an established software consulting firm. We are equivalent to the finest "custom home builders" as it applies to software. We build software for those companies who have funding but not the resources or for those companies who have the resources but not bandwidth. We analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and learn from our engagements to improve for the next. We all share a passion and joy for software excellence. As such, Webtellect consultants are highly coveted.
- Development of Tools, Reporting & Analysis:
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
- Write robust SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. MySQL, Redshift, Athena)
- Analyze projects for data quality issues and supporting the use of data in an enterprise setting
- Develop analysis and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and one-off projects
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions
- Contribute to current data infrastructure:
- Understand corporate data structure to be able to draw data from transactional data tables existing in the company
- Support the acquisition of external data sets, interpreting data layouts, structures, fields and values to incorporate new data into the core analytics data base
- Interface with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges
- Draw insights from data and clearly communicate complex findings to stakeholders and external customers
- Work closely with the Modeling and Data Science teams to determine where gaps and opportunities lie
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift/S3
- Experience with Excel (including VBA) and Tableau
- Experience with Python, PySpark, and DataRobot
- Analytical Curiosity: Motivated individual with strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Teamwork and Adaptability: Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team in ever-changing start-up environment.
- Educational Credentials: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, or Engineering
- Relevant experience: A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience (3 to 5 years preferred) of SQL experience
- Technical Knowledge: Intermediate to expert level programming experience in SQL along with a solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and ability to build and work with data from different sources efficiently.
- 6 month contract.
- ** No 3rd parties. **
- ** No Visas allowed **