- Redmond Way, Redmond, WA, USA
Webtellect is an establish software consulting firm. We are equivalent to the finest "custom home builders" as it applies to software. We build software for those companies who have funding but not the resources or for those companies who have the resources but not bandwidth. We analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and learn from our engagements to improve for the next. We all share a passion and joy for software excellence. As such, Webtellect consultants are highly coveted.
** local W2 hourly only -- Sorry, no Visas or Third Parties. **
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done UX Engineer. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Engineers to help preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities to help enable and update the website for OneDrive (https://onedrive.com/about).
As a team member, you will work in and with new technologies, as well as have the ability too quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools—especially open source tech. As a UX engineer, you “get” designers and have a clear understanding of the design process and disciplines - interaction design, usability, and visual design.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop UI for new features and add polish (fit and finish) to existing features
- Manage your work to meet tight deadlines and ensure consistent quality
- Coordinate with UX and Engineering teams to ensure interaction and visual designs are implemented according to design specs and motion comps
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design and development
Responsibilities will include Adding features and modules, updating existing ones, running A/B experiments with Optimizely, etc.
- Emerging Engineer, 2+ years of shipping production software
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to write developer documentation
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing requirements
- Proven ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Knockout Js (though experience with Angular, Vue, React would be a plus)
- Experience with HTML and CSS, including CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, SCSS)
- Experience with version control, especially git
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Solid experience with software engineering fundamentals
- Local, onsite only
- No 3rd parties.
- No Visas allowed