Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest U.S. drilling company, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
As a Senior SDE (Data Platform), your vision and passion for next generation big data and machine learning technologies and architecture will drive ongoing development of our cutting-edge, machine learning system that takes a new approach to traditional marketing, with an extraordinary team of software engineers and machine learning experts. A central component of our offering is the big data platform that needs to support both large scale batch processing and real-time decisioning while supporting our internal platform that powers large scale, autonomous data science and analytics. You’d be joining our team to design and implement the systems that will support this value delivery to our customers.
As Senior SDE (Data Platform) you would:
- Help define the architecture, design and implementation of our core platform to deliver marketing optimization system
- Know Hadoop / Spark and other “Big Data” at real depth
- Bring your passion for engineering excellence across the full stack
- Bring insights from your extensive experience delivering scalable SaaS products, using modern big data technologies with enterprise robustness and massive scale and turn them into new software
- Mentor engineers in code design, production and quality
- 10+ years of software development and design experience with strong emphasis on the Java platform and you don’t mind proving it to us
- You have demonstrable experience delivering big data solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem of technologies
- You've worked with ‘Lambda’ architectures, elegantly integrating real-time and batch model compute and service loads
- You're passionate about what you do and you have a demonstrated aptitude for learning, evaluation and appropriately making technology selections from established and bleeding-edge technologies
- You're quick on your feet and can act with agility when the needs of the business change
- You're committed to doing great work and have a strong sense of enjoyment and ownership in work that is well done
- Your degree is a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related fields, or you have equivalent work experience
- Local, onsite only
- No 3rd parties.
- No Visas allowed
- Some travel required