- 11 Slim Barracks Rise, Singapore 138664
Established in 2003, the Wealth Management Institute (“WMI”) is Asia’s Centre of Excellence for wealth and asset management education and research. Founded by Temasek and GIC, WMI is driven by the vision to catalyse Singapore’s growth ambition to become a leading international wealth and asset management centre. We believe that advancing knowledge and capabilities can have a sustainable impact on value creation at an individual, institutional and national level.
WMI is appointed as Singapore’s Lead Training Provider for Private Banking by the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (“IBF”) and supported by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”). WMI provides a comprehensive suite of practiced-based programmes from IBF accredited certification programmes, Graduate Diploma to Master of Science in Asset and Wealth Management in collaboration with Nanyang Technological University. In 2020, WMI enrolled 17,000 finance professionals from 150 leading financial institutions across 60 programmes.
The Research Associate will work with our world-class faculty and team to develop Thought Leadership and Research in the high-growth area of family offices, and will also cover key long-term investment trends such as ESG and sustainable investing. Our team aims to create practice-based research and tools that generate sustainable impact for the sector.
Reporting into WMI’s Executive Director, Partnerships and Strategic Development, the role is responsible for:
- Develop research objectives, projects and proposals together with faculty and senior WMI team.
- Undertake advanced research in the relevant areas, using the appropriate research methodologies and managing associated staff or student contributions (if relevant).
- Lead collaborative research activities with faculty, support staff and external parties.
- Lead the production of high-quality research reports and publications.
- Ensure the smooth delivery of research projects to ensure that they are delivered to a high quality, on time and on budget.
- Develop and lead initiatives for promoting research areas and influencing leading edge practice.
Awareness Building and Networking
- Support events and activities to drive greater awareness of WMI Thought Leadership (e.g. conferences, speaker series).
- Participate in and develop external networks to further WMI’s Thought Leadership agenda.
Teaching and Learning
- Contribute to training programmes at WMI as needed.
Other responsibilities as assigned by Reporting Officer.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- PhD or Masters degree in a relevant area (e.g. Economics). Good publication track record will be viewed favourably.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant research experience in a leading university, think tank, research institute, investment bank (economics research team), government agency or global institution such as the World Bank or IMF.
- Chinese language proficiency will be helpful for research projects on the China market.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive applied research experience and skills.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently, with exceptional collaboration and project management skills.
- Track record of successfully handling demanding projects under a tight timeframe.