- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
- Employees can work remotely
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 30 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more! Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon. Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.
WayForward is seeking an experienced Character Artist for an action game for current gen consoles. We're looking for a talented artist with a good grasp of anatomy, form, and design. The characters for this game will be stylized, and a combination of hand-painted textures, and PBR materials.
- Expert understanding of character design, anatomy, and proportions
- Specialization in modeling stylized characters
- Great hand-painted texturing skills
- Experience working on console game assets
- Expert Photoshop, ZBrush, 3dsMax/Maya, and Substance Painter Skills
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Good Communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.