- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 30 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more! Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon. Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.
WayForward is seeking an experienced concept artist to paint backgrounds for a console action-platform game. We're looking for a talented artist who has a painterly style but who is also adept at style-matching. The work will consist of full-screen digital background paintings at a very high quality level, and we're looking for someone who specializes in stylized sci-fi background concepts.
- Advanced understanding in digital painting software, like Photoshop, Illustrator, or Painter
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
- Self-motivation & Good communication skills
- Ability to work under a tight timeline and deliver quality work
- Comfortable receiving or giving critiques
- A passion for making and playing games!
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.