- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
Wayforward is looking for an experienced Art Manager to join our growing team!
- Assist the project Art Director, and Producer in management of art tasks.
- Oversee all art tasks sent to outsource partners
- Manage all communication between the team and outsource partners
- Identify problems ahead of time and provide visibility to the development team on the progress of outsourced art assets
- Coordinate with the Production team to focus outsource efforts on the correct priorities and help the outsource venders stay on track
- A solid understanding of game art pipelines
- A well rounded knowledge of foundational art principles across multiple disciplines
- Experience in a management position overseeing game art production
- Highly organized
- Good professional writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- Good problem solving skills
- Passion for making and playing games!
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.