Lead 3D Animator
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
As Lead 3D Animator at Wayforward you will be responsible for working with the team leads to develop, implement, and refine animations sets to bring game features and characters to life, as well as manage the animation team, and coordinate with the Art Director and Game Director to achieve a high and consistent quality bar for animation.
- Working with programmers, and designers to coordinate the implementation and refinement of game animations
- Establish and maintain animation quality standards
- Test, review and iterate on animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Mentor and look after the welfare of the members of the game's animation team
- 5 years of game industry experience
- 1 year of lead animator experience
- Strong demo reel demonstrating advanced animation skills
- A complete understanding of classic animation principles
- Flexibility in handling different animation styles
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.