Senior 3D Environment Artist
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
Wayforward is seeking a Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team on a full time basis. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of environment asset creation, and understands all phases of environment art creation, from block-out through final lighting, and a strong understanding of building levels in the Unreal 4 game Engine. They will have great communication skills and work well with other team members across multiple disciplines.
- A portfolio demonstrating high quality game art
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush, 3DSMax, and Photoshop
- Proficient in Substance Painter or 3DCoat
- Expert knowledge in creation of PBR materials
- Expert knowledge with the Unreal 4 game engine
- High level of understanding of environment art construction and pipelines
- Strong texture painting skills
- Strong lighting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to give, and receive, positive and constructive feedback
- Good problem solving skills
- Passion for making games
- Ability to work onsite in our office in Valencia, CA
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.