2D Traditional Animator
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
Wayforward has an opening for a traditional 2D animator and we are looking for someone that can bring a character to life! You will start with thumbnails and work your way through to final animation. Above all an animator at WayForward knows that gameplay is king and it’s our responsibility to help connect the gameplay with the audience using animation!
- Online Portfolio with contact information
- Animation reel showing character animations (creatures, etc)
- Drawing Ability (Thumbnails on paper, sketching)
- Expert knowledge of Toon Boom animation software
- Experience with Spine animation software is a plus
- Comfortable with learning new software quickly
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Flexibility in work pipelines (can overcome hurdles)
- Self starter and enjoys a challenging environment
- Focused on getting work done
- A passion for making games!
- Worked on previously shipped titles (preferred but not mandatory)
- Has personal projects (preferred but not mandatory)
- Degree in Animation (preferred but not mandatory)
This is a short-term position that will last for 6 months.
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.