Senior UE4 (Unreal Engine 4) Programmer
- 28738 the Old Road, Valencia, CA, United States
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We got our start in the PC, Super Nintendo and Genesis era of gaming, rode the educational CD-ROM wave through the 90’s, and eventually found our way back onto handhelds and consoles. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
WayForward Technologies is looking for a mid to senior level programmer to work on an Unreal Engine 4 based project. We're looking for a team player who is comfortable writing code to our standards in an existing codebase. The ideal candidate will assist in onboarding junior programmers and estimating project and time requirements with their lead programmer.
• Work closely with art team to implement visual style based on design documents.
• Communicate clearly when issues arise.
• Break high level tasks down into small tasks and build estimates
• Work well on a large team which spans multiple companies.
• 2+ years’ experience with development using Unreal Engine 4.
• Experience working in a team on shipped projects.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and targets.
• Strong C++ coding skills.
• Unity experience is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is an On-Site' position.