Systems Administrator and IT Support Specialist
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 29 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more! Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon. Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.
WayForward is looking for a bright, resourceful, knowledgeable and highly organized Systems Administrator and IT Support Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks, as well as to provide technical support for our internal team to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining computer hardware, software, systems, networks, and servers
- Installing and configuring development kits for game platforms, such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo consoles
- Configuring and maintaining build servers, license key servers, version control servers, etc.
- Setting up accounts and workstations, including installing any needed software for new users
- Providing technical support across the company and responding in a timely manner to issues and requests
- Monitoring system performance, troubleshooting issues, and repairing/replacing equipment as necessary
- Ensuring security through access controls, backups, firewalls, etc.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions or threats
- Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups
- Researching and purchasing new hardware and software solutions
- Managing software subscriptions, licenses, and updates
- Researching and recommending innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Troubleshooting and recovering from hardware/software failures and other outages
- Ability to work after hours, as necessary, to perform maintenance and recover from outages
- Building and maintaining an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and targets
- Ability to work with little supervision and under stressful situations
- Experience using a variety of hardware, software, and networking platforms
- Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Experience with version control systems, such as SVN, Perforce, and Git
- Experience with VMware and other virtualization and containerization technologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware/software RAID systems
- Experience with cloud-based services, such as AWS, G Suite, etc.
- Must be able to work on-site in Valencia, California
- Salary based on experience