- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
We are looking for an experienced art manager to oversee our art outsourcing operations, and assist the project art directors with their outsourcing efforts. You would also help with coordinating on-site projects, R&D efforts and helping oversee demo projects. The ideal candidate would be someone with great communication and coordination skills, and a good eye for art quality. A strong technical background, and a good understanding of the various art pipelines would also be a big plus.
- Collaborate with art leads and art directors to schedule and coordinate art outsourcing efforts
- Maintain visual quality and consistency across of all art deliveries from outsource companies
- Help research and identify new outsource companies to work with
- Oversee on-site R&D efforts
- Assist with management of on-site teams producing demos
- Assist with management of on-site game teams as needed
- Create or supervise the creation of concepts, illustrations, sketches, and supporting documentation to help guide off-site and on-site teams
- 4+ years industry experience
- Some experience in a lead or management position
- Strong traditional art skills
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D packages (3DSMax, Maya, ZBrush, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of at least one modern 3D engine
- Able to effectively critique art across multiple disciplines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
This an on-site only position.