- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
We are looking for a talented and motivated artist to the fill the position of Art Director.
The candidate must be highly responsible and must be able to coordinate and communicate effectively across all art disciplines. A solid understanding of all art disciplines is a must as well as direct experience in one or more.
- Collaborate with art leads to schedule and coordinate art tasks
- Maintain visual quality and consistency across all art disciplines
- Motivate and inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with the project's defined visual style
- Develop visual concepts and ideas together with producers, team leads and operating teams
- Create or supervise the creation of concepts, illustrations, sketches, and supporting documentation to maintain and develop a clear visual style
- 4+ years industry experience
- Some experience in a lead or management position
- Strong traditional art skills
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D packages (3DSMax, Maya, ZBrush, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of at least one modern 3D engine
- Able to effectively critique art across multiple disciplines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Passion for making and playing games
This is a full-time on-site position.