iOS/Android Game Developer
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We got our start in the PC, Super Nintendo and Genesis era of gaming, rode the educational CD-ROM wave through the 90’s, and eventually found our way back onto handhelds and consoles. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
- Work closely with art team to implement visual style based on design documents.
- Communicate clearly when issues arise.
- Break high level tasks down into small tasks and build estimates off of those.
- Work well on a large team which spans multiple companies.
- 3+ years’ experience making mobile apps or games.
- Significant experience with C++.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Objective-C, Swift or Java.
- Significant experience using RESTful APIs for network communication.
- Experience working in a team on 2-3 shipped projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and targets.
- UI programming experience.
- Experience with any of the following: Cocos2D, Playfab, Unity3D, Git
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.