- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
WayForward is looking for a UI artist with experience designing game menus and HUD. The candidate must have strong design skills and a good understanding of UI for games. We're looking for someone highly skilled in industry standard tools who can bring a lot of ideas and creativity to the UI design of the game.
- Design and create compelling and intuitive user interfaces for a games on console, PC, and mobile platforms.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to effectively provide the best possible UI solutions
- Contribute to the design of the UI when necessary
- Maintain a high quality standard for all work within a deadline driven environment
- 2 or more years industry experience
- Strong illustration skills
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator
- Highly organized and responsible
- A deep understanding of UI usability issues
- Ability to adapt to multiple visual styles
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Passion for making and playing games
This an on-site only position.